I’ve been following the events in Ferguson on Twitter and Tumblr over the past week. It’s horrifying. It’s not the slightest bit unprecedented, which makes it and the shocked reactions to it even more horrifying.
Schools are closed all week in Ferguson and surrounding communities. There are kids who depend on those school meals. You can help make up some of the lack by donating to the St Louis Area Foodbank.
Some resources I’ve found helpful and edifying this week:
- Hey, White Americans. We Need To Talk.
- Ten Things White People Can Do About Ferguson Besides Tweet
- In Ferguson, Black Town, White Power
- A Day in Ferguson, MO
- Things You Can Do For Ferguson
- The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie
- Ferguson In Pictures
- The History of Sundown Towns
- Rise of the Warrior Cop
- White Supremacy’s Latest Round: Re-tracing The Real History Of Ferguson